How do I refer into the service?
The service will accept referrals from General Practitioners either through:
Refer into our service via e-referrer; you will need to search under HCRG Care Group to find our service listing. Click here to see our e-referrer flowchart.
C&B: please pass the UBRN and information guide to patients and ask them to call us.
NL and NEL Dermatology – Referral Form
NL and NEL Dermatology – 2 Weeks Wait Referral Form
Referrals may be mailed to:
North & North East Lincs
Integrated Care Centre
New Radcliffe Street
If you wish to email your referral please send to VCL.NLDermatology@nhs.net
Any patients with suspected cancer can be referred to us under the two week criteria by faxing the referral form to 01482 638 662 or marking your email as URGENT and sending to email@example.com
The service will undertake clinical triage to ensure that appropriate patients are referred to the service. Patients not accepted into the service will be referred back to the GP in accordance with the clinical pathway.
When referring, please include the following:
- Patient details (inc. mobile number)
- Clinical history
- Your findings
- Full details of topical and systemic treatment
- Blood test results
- Any questions you would like answered
Please do not handwrite your referrals as this can lead to errors and makes triaging difficult.
We have a standard template for referrals which can be uploaded to your clinical system. Please contact us if you would like this emailed to you.
If you prefer, you may refer by letter, including full patient details and clinical history.
Inclusions and exclusions
Please see our inclusion criteria matrix in more detail here.
Our inclusion criteria is as follows:
- Two week wait referrals
- All lesions and rashes for diagnosis
- Basal cell carcinoma (BCC) out with GP competency
- Actinic keratosis and Bowen’s disease inflammatory skin disease (acne, eczema, psoriasis) unresponsive to GP treatment
- Other conditions unresponsive to GP treatment (e.g. hyperhidrosis, genital dermatoses, leg ulcers)
- We also offer PATCH testing, botox treatment (for hyperhidrosis) and Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) within our service
The following exclusion criteria apply:
- Benign lesions within core competencies of GP
- Low risk basal cell carcinoma (BCC) able to be treated in the GP surgery for age 25 and over
- Viral warts and molluscum contagiosum unless patient immunosuppressed